Minister of Justice Lea Danilson-Järg
Lea Danilson-Järg is the Minister of Justice of the Republic of Estonia from 18 July 2022. She is a member of the Isamaa Party.
Lea Danilson-Järg was born in Tallinn on 27 November 1977. She is married and a mother to two daughters and a son. Danilson-Järg joined the Isamaa Party in 2022. In 1998–2004, she was a member of the Moderate People’s Party.
Employment history and career
- In 2018–2019 and 2021–2022, she was the editor of the population politics focus page at AS Postimees Grupp.
- In 2019–2021, she was the head of the Department of Population and Family Policy at the Ministry of the Interior.
- In 2017–2018, she was an analyst for MTÜ Eesti Sündimusuuringud (Estonian Birth Surveys).
- In 2014–2016, she was an information specialist of the Parliament Information Centre at the National Library of Estonia.
- In 2001–2004, she was an adviser for the Rector of the Estonian Academy of Security Sciences.
Lea Danilson-Järg graduated from the Tallinn University of Technology in 2002 with a degree in public administration. She speaks Estonian as a native language, plus English, Russian and Finnish as foreign languages.
Nominated for the Aino Järvesoo award in 2021.
In undertaking to perform the duties of a member of the Government of the Republic, I am aware that I shall bear responsibility in this office before the Republic of Estonia and my conscience. I solemnly swear to remain faithful to the constitutional order of the Republic of Estonia and to devote my strength to securing the welfare and future of the people of Estonia.
28. July 2022, Tallinn