Minister of Justice Maris Lauri
Maris Lauri is the Minister of Justice of the Republic of Estonia from 26 January 2021. She is a member of the Estonian Reform Party.
Maris Lauri was born on 1 January 1966 in Kiviõli. In 2014, Lauri joined the Estonian Reform Party. In 2008, she was awarded the 5th Class Order of the White Star.
Employment history and career
- From 2016–2021, she was a member of the 13th and 14th Riigikogu.
- In 2016, she was the Minister of Education and Research.
- From 2014–2015, she was the Minister of Finance.
- In 2014, she was the Economic Adviser to the Prime Minister.
- Since 2011, she has been the owner of OÜ Oeconomia.
- From 1998–2011, she was an Economic Analyst and Head of Department at Hansapank/Swedbank.
- From 1996–1998, she was an Economic Analyst at Tallinn Pank.
- From 1994–1996, she was a Specialist of the Economic Analysis Department at Eesti Pank.
- From 1993–1994, she was a Specialist of the Investment Department of the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
- From 1989–1991, she was the Chief Accountant at the Institute of Astrophysics and Atmospheric Physics of the Academy of Sciences.
Maris Lauri graduated from the University of Tartu in 1989 with a degree in economic cybernetics and received a master’s degree in economics from the same university in 1994.
In undertaking to perform the duties of a member of the Government of the Republic, I am aware that I shall bear responsibility in this office before the Republic of Estonia and my conscience. I solemnly swear to remain faithful to the constitutional order of the Republic of Estonia and to devote my strength to securing the welfare and future of the people of Estonia.
26. January 2021, Tallinn